Students at East Bay Arts High School will grow as problem solvers, researchers, communicators, users of technology and socially responsible persons.
1. Problem Solvers…
- Identify challenges, set priorities in service of balanced, achievable goals, and develop logical plans of action to effectively resolve issues.
- Apply higher order thinking skills such as analysis, synthesis, prediction, and evaluation.
- Demonstrate skill in navigating successfully through standardized documents, including assessments, legal documents, job, financial aid, and college applications.
- Critically evaluate print and electronic sources of information in relation to various research questions.
- Effectively synthesize researched information to identify appropriate action.
- Garner information from various sources to formulate personal ideas and opinions.
- Effectively build knowledge, weigh options, and make informed choices regarding career, college and life as an adult.
- Convey information in both speech and writing to specific audiences using the expository, persuasive/argumentative, and process analysis styles of discourse.
- Employ imagination to demonstrate sophisticated creative expression through poetry, drama, narrative, music, visual art, dance, and / or sports.
- Apply interactive communication skills that foster collaboration and contribute to positive relationships.
4. Users of Technology…
- Demonstrate proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and multimedia presentations including graphics, video and music.
- Become ethical digital citizens through appropriate use of social media and copyright law as both consumers and creators.
- Choose appropriate technology tools for school, work and personal lives using advanced internet navigation and research skills, and information management.
5. Socially Responsible Persons... `
- Develop personal responsibility through good attendance, self-discipline and productive work.
- Promote constructive dialogue and communication across diverse identities and perspectives.
- Work in diverse groups and teams effectively, participating in school, district-wide, and community councils and groups.
- Engage in the political process as active and informed participants, contributing as good stewards of our changing world.